Join our interest list:
40-hour Accessible Yoga Training
Santa Barbara, California
Santa Barbara Yoga Center
32 E. Micheltorena Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
February 17-19, 2024
Saturday, Sunday & Monday
40 hour certification includes:
15 hours in person with Jivana Heyman
25 hours pre-recorded content and homework
Learn to design yoga classes where all students can practice together in a way that honors and celebrates people of all ages, sizes, abilities, and experience levels.
Our new hybrid delivery of our 40 hour Accessible Yoga Training will comprise of 3 days of in-person training in Santa Barbara, California with Jivana Heyman, plus self-paced online pre-recorded content and homework.
Through our Accessible Yoga Training you'll:
- Understand the benefits of an accessible yoga practice including: enhancing muscular strength, balance, flexibility, improving physiological functions, reducing stress, anxiety, chronic pain and promoting overall health and well-being
- Determine safe and appropriate variations of common asanas for a range of physical ability (chair, mat/bed, standing)
- Learn specific asanas for flexibility, strengthening and balance training to maintain or improve health and independence
- Understand the purpose and implementation of props to make yoga accessible to all abilities
- Acquire knowledge of common medical conditions and the benefits and concerns for implementation of a yoga practice
- Learn to create integrated Accessible Yoga classes where students of different abilities can practice together
- Explore the many ways that yoga can be adapted to suit students with disabilities, physical challenges, seniors, people with larger bodies, and more
- Learn how to make your classes welcoming to everyone, to empower students with agency, and to approach students in a trauma-informed way
- Review the physical and psychosocial benefits of pranayama and meditation and how to make these practices available for all students, regardless of ability
- Learn how to apply the teachings of yoga philosophy in day-to-day life to reduce stress, create more balance and develop authentic connections with self and others
- Explore techniques to build a strong community among your students to support the transformational process of yoga
- and more!
Register your interest now to be the first to know when enrollments for our Santa Barbara February 2024 cohort are open.
We'll never share your information, that's a promise.